Monday, June 11, 2007

Got Ethics, Official Connecticut?

June 11, 2007

To whom it may concern on the Advisory Commission on Wrongful Convictions:

I believed I was falsely arrested and imprisoned for political and official retaliatory reasons and ask that my criminal record be expunged.

I bought a dilapidated house in Stafford Springs, CT, at a HUD auction, in the mid 1990's. I completely fixed it up, inside and out, and had a problem with teens, vandals, and drug dealers taking over my yard and driveway at 3 Brown Ave. Ext, and became a co-founder of the Crime Watch in Stafford.. Officer Prochaska threatened me with arrest if I proposed legislation allowing police officers to write teens detentions to be served year round at schools for simple violations, to work like an insurance point system where reform school or confinement could be obtained from racking up too many points. I proposed the law to elected officials, anyway, despite Prochaska’s insistence that he would not be involved with youth crime and that I would be arrested if I did not shut my mouth.

After my then wife and I came back from months of travel in Europe, seeing many countries, I happened upon Peter Panciera and two of his powdered cocaine customers, back in the US, Stafford Springs, CT.. Panciera then beat me and bit into my ear. Panciera fled the scene at the customers’ insistance saying Peter was “holding”. I found who Panciera was a week later and notified police. Police refused to arrest Panciera and Prochaska arrested me 6 weeks later at my home in front of my family and neighbors after I insisted that Panciera be tested for AIDS and Hepatitis as he had chewed into my ear. I refused to get a lawyer and told Beth Leming the prosecutor that I would ask that the 911 tape be played and that Peter Panciera stand next to me as he outweighed me by about 100 pounds and was about 6 inches taller. I told he, “I would say would you attack him if you were me?” I asked Leming why was I arrested if he beat me and then bit me. She reluctantly agreed to nolle the charges if I got LT Trapp’s ok. LT Trapp told me I wasn’t allowed in downtown Stafford Springs unless I was an alcoholic or drug user. I agreed not to go downtown for a year and charges of Assault 3rd and Breach of Peace were nolled.

I then sold my house and bought boarded up rental properties in Stafford Springs. The Connecticut State Police had told me I was “kicked out” of Connecticut and if I did not leave the State of Connecticut that I would be arrested. They were allowing drugs to be sold by teens and others to set up two bar owners for having their businesses closed because they were in competition with an alleged organized crime figures involved in running Lark’s Café. I was told that interfering with drug dealers and other criminals was interfering with police and that if I insisted that the criminals that were using my front yard as a toilet, teens for drinking parting, and a 24 hour drug drive-thru that I would be arrested not them.

I proposed Civilian Oversight of Police, tried to have Judge Jonathan Kaplan removed for bias in civil cases brought on by landlords and the self-employed. And tried to have prosecutor Keith Courier removed for telling me that if I brought eviction against prostitute Lana Thompson for moving in my apartments without my permission, expecting to live for free, that I would be arrested and prosecuted by him to the fullest. I evicted Lana Thompson.

Connecticut State Police then put the word out that they wanted an excuse to arrest me, and that I could be assaulted and police would owe the informant or other criminal a favor.

Troopers would follow me to work and to building supply stores in pairs when I left in the morning. They would get out and follow me into where I had my vehicles worked on etc. I was told I better leave Connecticut, “Or Else”.

Felon, alcoholic, drug abuser, Brian Caldwell then began trying to catch me in my driveway getting from my work van to my backdoor. He would beat on my door sometimes after midnight waking up my neighbors and tenants telling me he would cut my penis off if he caught me out in my yard. This went on for weeks. Police let me know if I complained to them about anything that I would be arrested and go to prison if I did not shut my “Big Mouth” and leave Connecticut.

Brian Caldwell jumped me about at about almost midnight on 10-11-01, after he had left a message on one tenant’s answering machine telling her that he was going to kill me when I got home. And another tenant was told that she would have another landlord as he was going to kill me when I got home. Troopers Amaral and Langlois refused to listen to the answering machine message, to interview my tenants, and refused to take my complaint against Caldwell and then committed perjury at trial docket # docket # CR01-0074672, saying I never asked to make a complaint against Caldwell. Only I was arrested for Breach of Peace and Assault 3rd.

Police were bragging around town that I would be going to prison before there was a trial. I told State Senator Tony Guglielmo. Caldwell attacked me in a crowded restaurant and tried to, or did, attack me 7 more times after the initial time he jumped me. I called State Senator Tony Guglielmo after each attack, or attempted attack.

Prosecutor Keith Courier told me that I had to plead guilty and serve a year and half in prison, no deals, and no AR, even though I had no criminal record, so I was forced to go to trial. Judge Jonathan Kaplan refused to take himself off the case even though we had past animosity, that I had written a letter to the court with the docket # Hass vs. Erickson claiming Kaplan was ok with insurance fraud and didn’t care about justice. I was trying to have Kaplan removed for 2 years for his bias and antics BEFORE I was attacked on my property. Before trial Kaplan told me I was guilty and going to prison.

Attorney Michael H. Agranoff told me after he had already purposely helped set me for prison that Judge Kaplan had told him that he was not allowed to dispute Connecticut State Police perjury or any prosecution assertions. Agranoff refused to call any witness to my being attacked on my property. A police worker was allowed to be on the jury, to be jury foreman, against my right to strike a juror. A VHS tape was shown to the jury on how to find me guilty, but nothing about innocence or reasonable doubt was in that tape. That particular tape was later thrown out by the judiciary for being unfair, possibly tampering with juries.

A tenant that I was evicting that had been harboring Brian Caldwell so he could attack me, claimed she saw me attack Caldwell from her apartment in the dark. There was a diagram in front of the court that showed my properties. Agranoff refused to point out on the diagram that there was a house between her apartment and where I was attacked therefore she was committing perjury. Since Agranoff had refused to defend me for his over $17,000 fee, I asked that I be allowed to go to the diagram and point out that the tenant that had threatened me with retaliation for evicting her was lying and could not see through a house in the dark and therefore was lying. Judge Kaplan refused to allow me to make a statement in my defense to the jury.

Brian Caldwell admitted stalking me, before and after the incident, and in threatening my life before demanding money on the stand under oath. Shouldn’t a judge know that Caldwell was guilty of stalking, threatening, breach of peace, and attempted robbery?

I knew that the trial was fixed. So I emailed Police Commissioner Arthur L. Spada an email of the text I had mailed to the US Department of Justice regarding asking that the USDOJ webpage be removed from the Connecticut State Police website citing that policies were not being followed. I knew that if Judge Kaplan yelled at me like I was a baby raper the next day at sentencing I could later prove illegal collusion between former Rockville Judge Athur L. Spada with Rockville Judge Jonathan Kaplan in fixing my case.

Former Representative Mordasky’s aid implied that the police liaison to legislators told her that I would be retaliated by police at the orders of Spada for what I wrote in newspapers, for legislation I proposed, and for looking to sue police.

Attorney Agranoff has refused to supply the fee agreement contract, my legal file, and refused to appeal my case and did not file a reason he did not with the court. I was sentence to a year in prison, 3 year probation, the maximum fine, paying Caldwell restitution, anger management, drug and alcohol classes even though there is no history or arrests for drugs or alcohol, and to see a shrink two times a week as Kaplan thinks that I am mentally unstable for having pepper sprayed a mugger fearing for my life.

I did nothing wrong, was not a threat to society, and can’t “re-offend” and don’t need to be taught a lesson if I wasn’t looking for trouble the night I was jumped, unlike the violent felon that is a menace to society. Is this how courts and law enforcement in Connecticut should operate?

Is official, judicial, prosecutorial, police, and attorney misconduct not punishable if there is illegal collusion to cover up official crimes, perjury, and obstruction of justice if it is done in retaliation against a citizen that has lodged complaints?

If not please expunge my record so I can earn a living and get a decent apartment in my name. Please also review my trial transcripts for judicial and ethics purposes.

Please assist me in finally obtaining justice.

Thank you,

Steven G. Erickson
Post Office Box Eight Seventy-Four
Brattleboro, VT 05302

[click here] for more

9 Comments:

Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

I forgot to point out that I was bleeding from my ear, and the blood was flowing down my chest soaking my underwear.

Officers responding to my 911 call flashed there flashlight where my ear had been bitten into by Peter Panciera.

Does it make sense that only I was arrested and facing loss of everything and prison.

Is it illegal to attack someone's teeth with your ear?

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jury of your peers Steve. How does a court fix a 6 person jury to be against you?

Monday, June 11, 2007 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

Did you read the text above?

You can't make absolute non-believers believe anything.

I could have made the jury understand if I was allowed to defend myself. The biggest mistake I made was hiring a lawyer such as Agranoff. He called no witnesses and wouldn't even go to the front of the court room to dispute the obvious.

I wasn't allowed to defend myself as I had hired a lawyer and didn't know I could fire him during the proceedings.

How many citizens go to prison for being attacked on their own property where the attacker isn't even arrested?

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to see you post the actual police reports and statements, not just snipits. Let the viewer decide

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh ... you start off by claiming that a police officer threatened you with arrest if you proposed juvenile-ticketing legislation. If you want people (including me) to believe what you say, you should address this. WHY would he do so? Why would he care what kind of legislation you propose? That he'd threaten you over this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The rest of your story builds on this claim with your accusations of escalating retaliation -- but the reason for the escalation is never stated.

It would be one thing if you had, say, accused this officer of wrongdoing, insulted or assaulted him, etc. It's understandable that he'd react that way (no matter how wrong it would be).

But if the retaliation is over something which doesn't offend or hurt the officer, and is nonsensical, it's hard to take the rest of it seriously. So -- if you dare -- please explain WHY this initial threat was leveled at you. WHY would he not want you to make this proposal?

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

I wanted an officer to accompany just one Friday or Saturday night and take a walk with me and other Stafford Crime Watch members. Officer Frank Prochaska was also called "Fat Frank".

Officers would refuse to go on certain types of calls and would refuse to go to certain addresses. Officers should not be able to pick and chose who and how they serve if there are rules and they are paid with tax dollars.

Frank told me that if I insisted on asking him to take a walk with me and other members and proposing legislation where police had to address the youth problem, I would be arrested.

Prochaska also seemed to have something for my wife. By being aggressive and threatening to me, and soft spoken and overly polite to my then wife, I feel he had some possible intentions.

I had called for an ambulance for my wife because she fell down the stairs with the flu. I was in the M. Bedroom asleep hearing her fall down the stairwell.

Prochaska arrived and slammed me against my house saying I was resisting, "See, he is resisting." I though he was going to beat me. He then went over to my wife and suggested over and over, "He pushed you right, tell me he pushed you, he pushed you, right?"

No matter how much Prochaska badgered my wife, he could not get her to make a false statement so he could arrest me then.

My getting bitten by the drug dealer was his excuse.

I could actually write a book.

Actual events are so ridiculous and numerous, I would have to tone most of it, just so a reader wasn't thinking I was embellishing and making things up.

It is true, truth is stranger than fiction.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a psycho. It's ALL A CONSPIRACY!! Send your butt to the loony bin where you truely belong. You are a danger to yourself and society. Your nic should be "stark raving mad". Put the drugs down.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be correct in recounting your story, but you must be aware by now that the Peter Panciera you speak of is dead. Your rantings on line have contributed over the years to wrongfully affecting the life of another Peter Panciera that lives a quiet life in Stafford Springs. If you did your research, you would find out that there are other people living in Stafford with that name who have been looked at with a curious eye because of your accusations. It would be great and responsible of you now that the Peter Panciera you speak of is dead, to make a statement stating such and stop runining lives of those that have never been involved in the trash life you speak of.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger The Stark Raving Viking said...

Please tell me as much as you can about the dead Peter Panciera. I'd like to post on it. That would fix the problem you talk of. A picture of him would be great.

I saw so many promising young lives in Stafford Springs and surrounding areas of Connecticut. There was no need for the drugs to be as bad as they were, or still are. The Connecticut State Police knew who the dealers were, as they were handling them, calling them "informants".

If there weren't so many dealers, dealing drugs so long, there would not have been so many lost lives.

stevengerickson@yahoo.com

Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home